Harvest begins soon and we have been asked once again to partner with One Community Health
(formerly LaClinica) in their welcome food drive for our seasonal workers.
Our contributions of staples significantly stretch their budget. These staples allow them to buy fresh fruits and vegetables that they otherwise would not be able to afford.
The food list is below. Please donate only items on the list and in the sizes requested.
Please bring your food items to the Atrium this week and place them in the boxes along the window wall. All food will be picked up this Friday, June 21st. I hope you will join us in this annual tradition to welcome our harvest workers!Bienvenidos Food Drive Items
- Reusable shopping bags
- 24 oz canola oil
- Dried pinto beans or lentils (2 pound bags)
- Bag of sugar (2 pound bags)
- Bag of rice (not instant, 2 pound bags)
- 18 oz. Oatmeal
- 28 oz canned whole tomatoes
- 12 oz canned tuna
- 14-15 oz canned vegetables (beans, corn, potatoes, peas)
- 24-64 oz apple juice
- 7 oz small Mexican pasta
- 3 oz dried chili peppers
- Any size raisins, dried fruit