The Persistent Pain Education Program (PPEP) is a series of eight presentations that aims to educate people in a comprehensive pain management approach. Each 90-minute talk is led by a different healthcare professional and is designed to help people with chronic pain learn self-management skills that can help them decrease their pain and improve their quality of life.
Please see class schedule for more details and registration.
- To understand at least three changes that occur in our nerves and brain in a chronic pain state.
- To learn at least two relaxation/breathing techniques that can be used throughout the day to calm the nervous system and reduce muscle tension.
- To identify three foods to eliminate from your diet to reduce systemic inflammation.
- To identify three meals that promote reduced systemic inflammation and that can be easily prepared.
- To improve your mindfulness regarding your daily movement patterns in the home and community such that you continue to breathe deeply and to keep your muscles relaxed during three different activities that normally cause you pain.