New Materials at Planetree Health Resource Center
This is a sample of the new materials available for checkout at Planetree Health
Resource Center. You can e-mail email@example.com
or call 296-8444 to request materials. If you're an MCMC employee, items can be checked out and sent to you
through interoffice mail.
- 100 Questions & Answers About Lung Cancer. 3rd Edition.
By Joan Schiller and Amy Cipau.
- ABC of Ear, Nose and Throat. 6th Edition.
Edited by Harold Ludman and Patrick Bradley.
- Acupuncture and the Chakra Energy System: Treating the Cause of Disease.
By John Cross.
- Caring for a Person with Alzheimer’s Disease: Your Easy-to-use Guide From the National Institute on Aging.
By the National Institutes of Health.
- Community Mental Health: Challenges for the 21st Century. 2nd Edition.
By Jessica Rosenberg and Samuel Rosenberg.
- Diabetes Meal Planning & Nutrition for Dummies.
By Toby Smithson and Alan Rubin.
- Extraordinary Healers: CURE Readers Honor Oncology Nurses. Volume 4.
Edited by Lena Huang.
- The Sports Medicine Patient Advisor. 3rd Edition.
By Pierre Rouzier.
- Workplace Bullying: Symptons and Solutions.
By Noreen Tehrani.
- Yoga For Arthritis: Pathways to Better Living with Arthritis & Related Conditions. (DVD)
By the Arthritis Foundation.
This Month's Highlight:
The Emotional Eater’s Repair Manual: A Practical Mind-Body-Spirit Guide for Putting an End to Overeating and Dieting.
By Julie Simon.
Despite our best intentions, many of us find ourselves routinely overeating at meals, snacking mindlessly, or binging regularly. As emotional eaters, we turn to food for comfort, soothing, distraction, and excitement. There’s a disconnection fueling our eating, robbing years from our lives, and we know it. We’re tired of restrictive diets that lead back to overeating, and we’re ready to try something different.
Therapist and life coach Julie Simon offers a new approach that addresses the true causes of overeating and weight gain: emotional and spiritual hunger and body imbalance. The Emotional Eater’s Repair Manual presents five self-care skills, five body-balancing principles, and five soul-care practices that can end overeating and dieting forever. You’ll learn to nurture yourself without turning to food, to correct body and brain imbalances that trigger overeating, and to address your soul’s hunger. Weight loss, more energy, improved health, and self-esteem will naturally follow.
*Don't have a card with us?...come in and fill out our library card application
and we will make a PHRC library card for you.
**Looking for something specific?...Search our
on-line library catalog. Planetree Health Resource Center is now linked
to more than 70 libraries in eastern Oregon through the
Sage Library System. If we don't have what you are looking for, there's
a good chance we have access to it!
-Editorial Review Note: This is a sample of the new materials available for
checkout at Planetree Health Resource Center. To request a hold for any of our materials,
please call 296-8444.