New Materials at Planetree Health Resource Center
This is a sample of the new materials available for checkout at Planetree Health
Resource Center. You can e-mail email@example.com
or call 296-8444 to request materials. If you're an MCMC employee, items can be checked out and sent to you
through interoffice mail.
- B.T.B.F: Better Than Before Fitness A Post-Breast Surgery Exercise, ( DVD)
By Dr. Peter Neumann
- DSM-5 Guidebook: The Essential Companion to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Ed.
By Donald Black & Jon Grant
- Embracing Asperger's: A Primer for Parents and Professionals
By Richard Bromfield
- Essential Oil Safety, 2nd Ed.
By Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young
- Handbook of Psychology and Sexual Orientation
By Charlotte Patterson and Anthony D'Augelli
- Living & Loving After Betrayal: How to Heal from Emotional Abuse, Deceit, Infidelity and Chronic Resentment
By Steven Stosny
- The Obesity Paradox: When Thinner Means Sicker and Heavier Means Healthier
By Carl Lavie
- Quantum Leadership: Building Better Partnerships for Sustainable Health
By Tim Porter-O'Grady and Kathy Malloch
- When Your Life is Touched by Cancer: Practical Advice and Insights for Patients, Professionals and Those Who Care
By Bob Riter
- Yoga Sparks: 108 Easy Practices for Stress Relief in a Minute or Less
By Carol Krucoff
- La Nueva Farmacia Natural: Alimentos Curativos Para Prevenir y Tratar Mas de 75 Males Comunes
By James Duke, Spanish
This Month's Highlight:
The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
By Bessel Van Der Kolk
A pioneering researcher and one of the world's foremost experts on traumatic stress offers a bold new paradigm for healing.
Trauma is a fact of life. Veterans and their families deal with the painful aftermath of combat; one in five Americans has been molested; one in four grew up with alcoholics; one in three couples have engaged in physical violence. Such experiences inevitably leave traces on minds, emotions, and even on biology. Sadly, trauma sufferers frequently pass on their stress to their partners and children.
Renowned trauma expert Bessel van der Kolk has spent over three decades working with survivors. In The Body Keeps the Score, he transforms our understanding of traumatic stress, revealing how it literally rearranges the brain's wiring-specifically areas dedicated to pleasure, engagement, control, and trust. He shows how these areas can be reactivated through innovative treatments including neurofeedback, mindfulness techniques, play, yoga, and other therapies. Based on Dr. van der Kolk's own research and that of other leading specialists, The Body Keeps the Score offers proven alternatives to drugs and talk therapy-and a way to reclaim lives.
*Don't have a card with us?...come in and fill out our library card application and we will make a PHRC library card for you.
**Looking for something specific?...Search our
on-line library catalog. Planetree Health Resource Center is now linked
to more than 70 libraries in eastern Oregon through the
Sage Library System. If we don't have what you are looking for, there's
a good chance we have access to it!
-Editorial Review Note: This is a sample of the new materials available for
checkout at Planetree Health Resource Center. To request a hold for any of our materials,
please call 296-8444.