New Materials at Planetree Health Resource Center
This is a sample of the new materials available for checkout at Planetree Health
Resource Center. You can e-mail email@example.com
or call 296-8444 to request materials. If you're an MCMC employee, items can be checked out and sent to you
through interoffice mail.
- Breast Cancer Husband : How to Help Your wife (and Yourself) Through Diagnosis, Treatment, and Beyond.
By Marc Silver.
- The Heart of Care: Dignity in Action: A Guide to Person-Centered Compassionate Elder Care.
By Amanda Waring.
- My Home Pharmacy: How Foods and Herbs Can Be Your Medicine.
By Tracy Gibbs.
- How to Age in Place: Planning for a Happy, Independent, and Financially Secure Retirement.
By Mary Languirand and Robert Bornstein.
- The Optimal Health Revolution.
By Duke Johnson.
- Talk with Your Kids: Conversations About Ethics, Honesty, Friendship, Sensitivity, Fairness, Dedication, Individuality and 103 Other Things that Really Matter.
By Michael Parker.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Rehabilitation for Everyday Adaptive Living. 2nd Ed.
By Jennie Ponsford, Sue Sloan and Pamela Snow.
- What You Must Know About Dialysis : The Secrets to Surviving and Thriving on Dialysis.
By Rich Snyder.
- A World Without Cancer: The Making of a New Cure and The Real Promise of Prevention.
By Margaret I. Cuomo.
- You Need Help! : A Step by Step Plan to Convince a Loved One to Get Counseling.
By Mark S. Komrad.
This Month's Highlight:
If you're interested in the controversy over GMOs you might be interested in:
Genetic Roulette. (DVD)
By Jeffrey M. Smith.
Review: The movie starts by examining the increase in chronic illness over the past decade, speculating on possible causes. The narrator notes how food allergies, asthma, autism, digestive and autoimmune problems have increased dramatically as genetically modified food items have become more prevalent in the marketplace.
Whatever your opinion about genetically modified foods, this movie is a must see for anyone who eats. It is our right to know what we are putting in our mouths. This movie serves as a wake up call, informing consumers of important scientific findings and urging us all to take an active role in defending our food supply and, ultimately, our own health.
-Foundation for Alternative and Integrative Medicine
*Don't have a card with us?...come in and fill out our library card application
and we will make a PHRC library card for you.
**Looking for something specific?...Search our
on-line library catalog. Planetree Health Resource Center is now linked
to more than 70 libraries in eastern Oregon through the
Sage Library System. If we don't have what you are looking for, there's
a good chance we have access to it!
-Editorial Review Note: This is a sample of the new materials available for
checkout at Planetree Health Resource Center. To request a hold for any of our materials,
please call 296-8444.