New Materials at Planetree Health Resource Center
This is a sample of the new materials available for checkout at Planetree Health
Resource Center. You can e-mail email@example.com
or call 296-8444 to request materials. If you're an MCMC employee, items can be checked out and sent to you
through interoffice mail.
- Ancestors in Our Genome: The New Science of Human Evolution.
By Eugene Harris
- Discipline Without Shouting or Spanking: Practical Solutions to the Most Common Preschool Behavior
By Jerry Wyckoff and Barbara Unell
- The Easy Way for Women to Stop Smoking.
By Allen Carr
- The Gluten Free Revolution: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know about Losing the Wheat, Reclaiming
Your Health, and Eating Happily Ever After.
By Jax Lowell
- Health Literacy in Nursing: Providing Person-Centered Care.
By Terri Parnell
- A Man's Guide to Healthy Aging: Stay Smart, Strong and Active. By Edward Thompson Jr. and
- Missing Microbes: How the Overuse of Antibiotics is Fueling our Modern Plagues.
- National Geographic Foods for Health: Choose and Use the Very Best Foods for Your Family and Our
By Barton Seaver and P. I. Newby
- Supporting Students with Special Health Care Needs: Guidelines and Procedures for Schools.
By Stephanie Porter, Patricia Branowicki and Judith Palfrey
- Watch Your Back! How The Back Pain Industry is Costing Us More and Giving Us Less.
This Month's Highlight:
The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People.
By Gary Chapman and Paul White
(Book and Audiobook) available
The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People, by Gary Chapman and Paul White,Â applies the love language concept to the workplace. This book helps supervisors and managers effectively communicate appreciation and encouragement to their employees, resulting in higher levels of job satisfaction, healthier relationships between managers and employees, and decreased cases of burnout. Ideal for both the profit and non-profit sectors, the principles presented in this book have a proven history of success in businesses, schools, medical offices, churches, and industry.
"Trusting relationships are the glue that holds commerce together. Â They are more important than skills or knowledge. Â This book shows how to build trust on a personal level in the workplace and its principles apply for a wide variety of organizations."
Tom Nicholson, Executive Director, HR People & Strategy
*Don't have a card with us?...come in and fill out our library card application and we will make a PHRC library card for you.
**Looking for something specific?...Search our
on-line library catalog. Planetree Health Resource Center is now linked
to more than 70 libraries in eastern Oregon through the
Sage Library System. If we don't have what you are looking for, there's
a good chance we have access to it!
-Editorial Review Note: This is a sample of the new materials available for
checkout at Planetree Health Resource Center. To request a hold for any of our materials,
please call 296-8444.