New Materials at Planetree Health Resource Center
This is a sample of the new materials available for checkout at Planetree Health
Resource Center. You can e-mail email@example.com
or call 296-8444 to request materials. If you're an MCMC employee, items can be checked out and sent to you
through interoffice mail.
- The ABCs of Yoga for Kids
By Teresa Anne Power
- ABECE de Yoga para Ninos
Escrito por Teresa Anne Power (Spanish)
- The Complete Thyroid Book
By Kenneth Ain and M. Sara Rosenthal
- Difficult Mothers: Understanding and Overcoming Their Power
By Terri Apter
- Food for the Fight: Guidelines for Healthy Nutrition During and After Cancer Treatment (DVD)
By New York Presbyterian and American Institute for Cancer Research
- Navigating Life with a Brain Tumor
By Lynne Taylor, Alyx Porter Umphrey and Diane Richard
- Social Skills Training for Children with Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism
By Susan Williams White
- Stress and Health: Biological and Psychological Interactions, 3rd Ed.
By William Lovallo
- The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist's Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults
By Frances Jensen with Amy Nutt
- The Twelve Core Action Values: Workbook for the Values Coach Guided Self-Coaching Course
By Joe Tye
- Why Can't I Get Better?: Solving the Mystery of Lyme & Chronic Disease
By Richard Horowitz
This Month's Highlight:
The Blue Zones Solution: Eating and Living Like the World's Healthiest People
By Dan Buettner
"Bestselling author Buettner is back with a well-organized game plan for a long and well-lived life...This is a thoughtfully presented and well-written guide from which anyone-no matter where he or she is in the journey to better health-can benefit." --Publishers Weekly, starred review
"An ideal way to learn how to live longer and better is to study people who are doing just that. [Buettner] distills the deepest insights from the Blue Zones to light our path." --Mehmet Oz, M.D.
"Buettner's initiative has the potential to dramatically change the way we think about health in America." --Walter Willett, M.D., chairman of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard School of Public Health
"Propogating the Blue Zones would not only prevent a rise in the prevalence of diabetes (and other such misfortunes); it would allow us to eliminate more than 80 percent of the burden we have now. That's revolutionary."
--David Katz, M.D., director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center
*Don't have a card with us?...come in and fill out our library card application and we will make a PHRC library card for you.
**Looking for something specific?...Search our
on-line library catalog. Planetree Health Resource Center is now linked
to more than 70 libraries in eastern Oregon through the
Sage Library System. If we don't have what you are looking for, there's
a good chance we have access to it!
-Editorial Review Note: This is a sample of the new materials available for
checkout at Planetree Health Resource Center. To request a hold for any of our materials,
please call 296-8444.