The medical fitness center at Water’s Edge is a place where people throughout the Columbia River Gorge come to pursue a common goal of more complete wellness.
Different from a traditional fitness center, our center uses a medical-fitness model that focuses on improving the overall well-being of members.
Our members include fitness enthusiasts who have joined to take advantage of the beautiful setting, nationally certified trainers and state-of-the-art equipment as well as many others who use their memberships to:
- Gain knowledge and skills to better manage chronic diseases.
- Participate in health-maintenance and preventive programs and activities.
- Recuperate from injuries or Illnesses
All of our members benefit from a multi-dimensional approach to wellness that merges traditional fitness concepts with medically supervised activities and an array of other health services and amenities, including:
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation services.
- State-of-the-art fitness equipment and individualized training.
- Aquatic therapies.
- Group fitness classes – yoga, zumba gold, group cycle, aerobics, circuit training.
- Sports and exercise testing (body fat, VO2, lactate threshold)
- Nutritional education.
- Health-risk assessments.