Many women experiencing difficulties related to pregnancy, incontinence, sexual dysfunction, cancer recovery, lymphedema or osteoporosis find relief from the care of our specially trained physical therapists.
We offer the only certified lymphedema and pelvic rehabilitation therapist in the region. Together our team uses hands-on therapy, education, aquatic therapy and other exercise to help eliminate pain and improve our patients’ quality of life.
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Care
- Prenatal/postpartum conditioning and toning after vaginal or cesarean births
- Preventing urinary incontinence
- Decreasing pain/discomfort during pregnancy
- Exercising safely during pregnancy
- Returning faster to your pre-pregnancy (or better) lifestyle
- Learning better body mechanics for lifting
- Relaxation training
- Relieving headaches and back pain
- Diastasis of abdominal muscles/orthopedic pain treatment
Urinary and Fecal Incontinence
- Proper incontinence products are essential to keep you from feeling isolated or embarrassed and they allow you to get out and be active!
- Supervised intensive pelvic floor muscle therapy has been shown to reduce urinary incontinence in women by up to 85%.
- Balance and mobility training to can also be done to address functional incontinence.
Pelvic Pain and Abdominal Pain
- Physical therapy is often effective in relieving the following concerns or symptoms related to:
- Pain during intercourse
- Pain while exercising
- Interstitial cystitis
- Heavy sensation or pelvic pressure
- C-section scar that is still tight or painful
- Other surgical site pain (e.g. hysterectomy, bladder suspension)
- Post radiation/Post oncological care
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Anorectal dysfunction
- Chronic constipation
Osteoporosis is preventable for most women, and building strong bones can be the best defense. Our therapists can help you:
- Establish a safe exercise routine to prevent osteoporosis
- Provide guidance on how to better manage the disease
- Recognize your risk factors
- Design a specialized exercise program to encourage bone strength
- Learn about the importance of posture and provide suggestions for safe posture and movement with every day activities
- Improve balance to reduce the chance of falling
Lymphedema and Post-Breast Cancer Treatment
- Our team provides an array of therapies for women experiencing these symptoms of cancer treatments, including:
- Post mastectomy scar release
- Helping patients establish or re-establish a fitness routine after radiation/chemotherapy.
- Lymphatic massage and wrapping
Other Women’s Health Issues
- Postural dysfunction and impaired muscle balance
- Post op breast and gynecological surgeries and oncology
- Back and hip pain
Click here to learn what to expect during a physical therapy appointment.