From the lab to diagnostic imaging, MCMC has a highly trained staff committed to delivering the highest-quality, most up-to-date care. In fact, MCMC encourages all staff to pursue advanced training in their fields.
The Nursing Department provides many examples of this philosophy in action. Many MCMC nurses have undergone the rigorous training necessary to become nationally certified in their areas of expertise and interest. National certification demonstrates a nurse's personal and professional value and commitment to his or her practice and is an indication of professional excellence.
MCMC nurses hold national certifications in the following departments:
Advanced Training and Certifications
- All ICU/telemetry nurses hold Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS).
- All pediatric nurses are Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certified (PALS).
- All emergency department nurses have ACLS, PALS, Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) and Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC).
- Obstetrics: All First Impressions nurses are certified by NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) and in ACLS and EFHM (specialized training in monitoring mothers and babies) Acute Care – The majority of MCMC nurses are ACLS certified.
- All nurses that care for children are PALS certified. All Celilo nurses are chemotherapy certified.
- All endoscopy and surgical services nurses are ACLS certified.