New Materials at Planetree Health Resource Center
Every month the PHRC receives new books and materials for a variety of health topics. Below is a list of new materials available for checkout. Come visit us at the PHRC or call 296-8444 to request materials.
Looking for something specific? Search our on-line library catalog. Planetree Health Resource Center is now linked to more than 70 libraries in eastern Oregon through the Sage Library System. If we don't have what you are looking for, there's a good chance we have access to it!
June's Highlight:Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain, By John Ratey.Did you know you can beat stress, lift your mood, fight memory loss, sharpen your intellect, and function better than ever simply by elevating your heart rate and breaking a sweat? The evidence is incontrovertible: aerobic exercise physically remodels our brains for peak performance
- Heal Your Skin: The Breakthrough Plan for Renewal. By Ava Shamban.
- The Healing Remedies Sourcebook: Over 1000 Natural Remedies to Prevent and Cure Common Ailments. By C. Norman Shealy.
- Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions: Self-Management of Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Depression, Asthma, Bronchitis, Emphysema and Other Physical and Mental Health Conditions. 4th Edition. By Kate Lorig, Halsted Holman, David Sobel, Diana Laurent, Virginia Gonzalez, and Marian Minor.
- Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention for Addictive Behaviors : A Clinician’s Guide. By Sarah Bowen, Neha Chawla, and G. Alan Marlatt.
- Neck and Arm Pain Syndromes: Evidence-Informed Screening, Diagnosis and Management. By Cesar Fernandez de las Penas.
- Nutrition: What Every Parent Needs to Know. 2nd Edition. Edited by William Dietz and Loraine Stern.
- PDR for Nonprescription Drugs, Dietary Supplements and Herbs. 32nd Edition. By the PDR Staff.
- Toxic Free: How to Protect Your Health and Home From the Chemicals That Are Making You Sick. By Debra Lynn Dadd.
- The Whole Foot: A Complete Program for Taking Care of Your Feet. By Brett Fink and Mark Mizel.
- Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Energy Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery From Common Health Problems. By Stephen Co and Eric Robins.
In SPARK, John Ratey, MD embarks upon a fascinating journey through the mind-body connection, illustrating that exercise is truly our best defense against everything from depression to ADD to addiction to menopause to Alzheimer's. Filled with amazing case studies, SPARK is the first book to explore comprehensively the connection between exercise and the brain. It will change forever the way you think about your morning run.
"Ratey has culled the latest science and found that a regular workout can help build a better, faster brain." (USA Today)