It’s time to get your red out at the 2014 Go Red for Women’s Heart Health event.
Learn how to love your heart with three days of heart healthy education, fun, and activities. For full information contact the Planetree Health Resource Center at 541-296-8444 or follow this event on Twitter at #MCMCGoRed or facebook at www.facebook.com/MCMChealth
Thursday, Feb. 6: Water's Edge, 6pm - 8pm
Discussion on Women and Heart Disease from Coronary Artery Disease to HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) with Dr. Kevin Wei, MCMC/OHSU Cardiology Clinic and Dr. Lena Weinman, Columbia River Women's Center.
Join us from 5:30pm - 6:00pm for a Wear Red, Drink Red wine tasting before the program.
Friday, Feb. 7: Civic Auditorium, 11am - 2pm
Heart Expo and Noon Poker Fun Walk
Saturday, Feb. 8: Kiwanis Pocket Park, 10amHeart Truth 3k/5k/10k Walk/RunKiwanis Pocket Park on Klindt Drive, Kick-off 10am
- Free Health screenings (Know your numbers!)
- Noon Heart Walk - Poker Fun Walk through historic downtown The Dalles
- Coupons for reduced cost lipid profile and fasting glucose
- Interactive exhibits and prize drawings
- Massage, yoga, reiki, and other relaxation stations
- On-site registration 9:30am – Walk/Run 10am
- Register by Friday, January 25 to be guaranteed a shirt – pick up a registration form at the Planetree Health Resource Center, 200 E 4th St., The Dalles
- Cost: Pre-registration: $15 includes T-shirt; $25 includes sweatshirt; $5 no shirt, or Day of Race Registration: $20 includes shirt; $30 includes sweatshirt; $10 no shirt (no guarantee that shirts will be available day of the race.)
- Hot drinks provided at no charge
- Wear your red proudly and with flair! All proceeds benefit the Mid-Columbia Health Foundation Cardiac Rehab Assistance Fund
Download the registration form here: 2014_The_Heart_Truth_Reg_Form.pdf
For more information 541-296-8444