New Materials at Planetree Health Resource Center
This is a sample of the new materials available for checkout at Planetree Health
Resource Center. You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 296-8444 to request materials. If you're an MCMC employee, items can be checked out and sent to you
through interoffice mail.
- 100 Questions & Answers About How to Quit Smoking.
By Charles Herrick, Charlotte Herrick, and Marianne Mitchell.
- Back to Normal: Why Ordinary Childhood Behavior Is Mistaken for ADHD, Bipolar
Disorder, and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
By Enrico Gnaulati.
- The Handy Nutrition Answer Book.
By Patricia Barnes-Svarney and Thomas Svarney.
- If You Work It, It Works: The Science Behind 12 Step Recovery.
By Joseph Nowinski.
- I'm Pregnant!: A Week-By-Week Guide from Conception to Birth. 3rd Edition.
By Leslie Regan.
- Intolerant Bodies: A Short History of Autoimmunity.
By Warwick Anderson and Ian Mackay.
- Mosby's Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing Assistants. 7th Edition.
By Clare Kostelnick.
- The Secret to Blended Families: Marriage and Parenting Success: Making Peace, Escaping the Drama, and Successfully Solving Marriage and Parenting Problems in the Blended Family.
By Daren Carstens.
- Stress: A Guide to Vitamins, Minerals and Herbs. 3rd Ed.
By Louise Tenney.
- Understanding Celiac Disease: An Introduction for Patients and Caregivers.
By Naheed Ali.
This Month's Highlight:
Fed Up: It's Time to Get Real About Food. (DVD).
By Laurie David and Katie Couric.
Narrated by Katie Couric, Fed Up blows the lid off everything we thought we knew about food and exercise, revealing a 30-year campaign by the food industry aided by the U.S. government to mislead and confuse the American public.
Exposing the hidden truths contributing to one of the largest health epidemics in history, the film follows a group of families battling to lead healthier lives and reveals why the conventional wisdom of exercise and eat right is not ringing true for millions of people struggling with diabetes, childhood obesity and other serious conditions. Including captivating interviews with the country's leading experts, this vital information could change the way we eat forever.
*Don't have a card with us?...come in and fill out our library card application and we will make a PHRC library card for you.
**Looking for something specific?...Search our
on-line library catalog. Planetree Health Resource Center is now linked
to more than 70 libraries in eastern Oregon through the
Sage Library System. If we don't have what you are looking for, there's
a good chance we have access to it!
-Editorial Review Note: This is a sample of the new materials available for
checkout at Planetree Health Resource Center. To request a hold for any of our materials,
please call 296-8444.