New Materials at Planetree Health Resource Center
This is a sample of the new materials available for checkout at Planetree Health
Resource Center. You can e-mail email@example.com
or call 296-8444 to request materials. If you're an MCMC employee, items can be checked out and sent to you
through interoffice mail.
- B. T. B. F. Better Than Before Fitness: A Post-Breast Surgery Exercise DVD. (DVD)
By Dr. Peter Neumann
- Chia Vitality: 30 Days to Better Health, Greater Vibrancy, and a More Meaningful and Purposeful Life
By Janie Hoffman
- Complementary & Alternative Therapies for Nursing Practice. 4th Ed.
By Karen Fontaine
- Fuel Economy Guide. Model Year 2015
By U.S. Department of Energy
- How to Raise Your Adult Children: Real-Life Advice for When Your Kids Don't Want to Grow Up
By Gail Parent and Susan Ende
- Observing Children with Attachment Difficulties in Preschool Settings : A Tool for Identifying and Supporting Emotional and Social Difficulties
By Kim Golding, Jane Fain, Ann Frost, Sian Templeton and Eleanor Durrant
- Reinventing American Health Care: How the Affordable Care Act Will Improve Our Terribly Complex, Blatantly Unjust, Outrageously Expensive, Grossly Inefficient, Error Prone System. 1st Edition
By Ezekiel Emanuel
- Restoring Your Life Energy: Simple Chi Gung Practices to Reduce Stress and Enhance Well-Being
By Waysun Liao
- Sport First Aid. 5th Edition
By Melinda Flegel
- You Don't Look Sick! Living Well with Invisible Chronic Illness. 2nd Ed.
By Joy Selak and Steven Overman
This Month's Highlight:
Living Downstream. (DVD)
By Sandra Steingraber
Based on the acclaimed book by ecologist and cancer survivor Sandra Steingraber, this award-winning documentary follows Sandra during one pivotal year as she travels across North America, working to break the silence about cancer and its environmental links.
After a routine cancer screening, Sandra receives a worrisome result. Thus, we begin two journeys with Sandra: her private struggle with a possible cancer recurrence and her public quest to bring attention to the toxic chemicals in our environment. We follow these invisible toxicants as they migrate to some of the most beautiful places in North America. We see how they enter our bodies and, once inside, how they may contribute to cancer formation. Experts in the fields of toxicology and cancer research talk about their own findings - findings that illuminate the significant connection between a healthy environment and human health.
At once Sandra's personal journey and her scientific exploration, Living Downstream is a powerful reminder of the intimate connection between the health of our bodies and the health of our air, land, and water.
*Don't have a card with us?...come in and fill out our library card application and we will make a PHRC library card for you.
**Looking for something specific?...Search our
on-line library catalog. Planetree Health Resource Center is now linked
to more than 70 libraries in eastern Oregon through the
Sage Library System. If we don't have what you are looking for, there's
a good chance we have access to it!
-Editorial Review Note: This is a sample of the new materials available for
checkout at Planetree Health Resource Center. To request a hold for any of our materials,
please call 296-8444.