New Materials at Planetree Health Resource Center
This is a sample of the new materials available for checkout at Planetree Health
Resource Center. You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 296-8444 to request materials. If you're an MCMC employee, items can be checked out and sent to you
through interoffice mail.
- Art Therapy and Health Care. Ed
by Cathy Malchiodi.
- Blood Pressure Down: The 10-Step Plan to Lower Your Blood Pressure in Four Weeks – Without Prescription Drugs.
By Janet Brill.
- The Business of Baby: What Doctors Don’t Tell You, What Corporations Try to Sell You, and How to Put Your Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Before Their Bottom Line.
By Jennifer Margulis.
- The Complete Guide to Carb Counting: How to Take the Mystery Out of Carb Counting and Improve Your Blood Glucose Control.
By Hope Warshaw.
- The Introvert’s Way: Living a Quiet Life in a Noisy World.
By Sophia Dembling.
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression.
By Zindel Segal.
- Outcome-Based Massage: Putting Evidence Into Practice.
By Carla-Krystin Andrade
- The Patient Survival Guide: 8 Simple Solutions to Prevent Hospital and Healthcare Associated Infections.
By Maryanne McGuckin.
- Prescription for Drug Alternatives: All Natural options for Better Health Without the Side Effects.
By James Balch, Mark Stengler, and Robin Young-Balch.
- Siblings of Children with Autism.
By Sandra Harris and Beth Glasberg.
This Month's Highlight:
Masterminds & Wingmen: Helping Our Boys Cope with Schoolyard Power, Locker-Room Tests, Girlfriends, and the New Rules of the Boy World.
By Rosalind Wiseman.
"Rosalind Wiseman, the well-known ‘girl expert,’ has a real feel for the inner life of boys, and for the way they interact with their parents. Her new book, Masterminds and Wingmen, contains some of the best advice for communicating with boys that I’ve ever read: wise, clear and tough. The brilliant chapter on why boys lies to their parents is alone worth the price of the book.”
--Michael Thompson, coauthor of the New York Times bestseller Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys
*Don't have a card with us?...come in and fill out our library card application
and we will make a PHRC library card for you.
**Looking for something specific?...Search our
on-line library catalog. Planetree Health Resource Center is now linked
to more than 70 libraries in eastern Oregon through the
Sage Library System. If we don't have what you are looking for, there's
a good chance we have access to it!
-Editorial Review Note: This is a sample of the new materials available for
checkout at Planetree Health Resource Center. To request a hold for any of our materials,
please call 296-8444.