The medical fitness center at Water’s Edge is a place where people throughout the Columbia River Gorge come to pursue a common goal of more complete wellness.
Different from a traditional fitness center, our center uses a medical-fitness model that focuses on improving the overall well-being of members.
Our members include fitness enthusiasts who have joined to take advantage of the beautiful setting, nationally certified trainers and state-of-the-art equipment as well as many others who use their memberships to:
- Gain knowledge and skills to better manage chronic diseases.
- Participate in health-maintenance and preventive programs and activities.
- Recuperate from injuries or Illnesses
All of our members benefit from a multi-dimensional approach to wellness that merges traditional fitness concepts with medically supervised activities and an array of other health services and amenities, including:
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation services.
- State-of-the-art fitness equipment and individualized training.
- Aquatic therapies.
- Group fitness classes – yoga, tai chi, Pilates, Zumba, group cycle, aerobics, circuit training.
- Sports and exercise testing (body fat, VO2, lactate threshold)
- Nutritional education.
- Health-risk assessments.
Medically Supervised Programming
As an affiliate of Mid-Columbia Medical Center, our medical fitness center offers o members the opportunity to work toward their goals in a medically supervised environment. Members who need or desire medical supervision will benefit from an extensively trained staff of health professionals that is directed by a physician and includes nationally certified fitness specialists, exercise physiologists, physical therapists, dietitians, health educators and others.
We invite you to learn more about this unique center by visiting the Water’s Edge website or by calling: 541-506-5779