FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Athena Miller
Marketing Manager and Public Information Officer at Mid-Columbia Medical Center
(541) 506-6408 or
Join us Saturday, May 5 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Best Western Plus Hood
River Inn for Survivorfest 2018. Hosted by the Columbia Gorge Survivorship
Council, the free event will feature educational resources, practical
tips, mini massages and more.
Attendees will be inspired by guest speaker Becky Olson, a three-time breast
cancer survivor, author, and co-founder of Breast Friends, a nonprofit
dedicated to helping women survive the trauma of cancer. Her humorous
and inspiring keynotes give men and women hope and encouragement to overcome
their circumstances by finding blessings around them, and embrace the
things that make life worth living.
Learn what to put on your skin after cancer treatment, get educated about
cannabis and explore the benefits of acupuncture. The uplifting and informative
- Guest Speaker, Becky Olson: Humor, Happiness and Hope. Hear her at 12:30 p.m.
- Oncology Certified Esthetician, Annette Scott. Skin care after cancer treatment.
- Mini massages
- Learn about the benefits of acupuncture
- Cancer and Cannabis - Get educated
- Aromatherapy and Yoga at your fingertips
- Smoking Cessation Resources
- Walk through the colon
- Learn about the Blue Zone Project and the health of our community
- Register to take a walk with Step It Up! Survivors
- Healthcare Professional Q&A
- Survivor Stories & Much More
The Columbia Gorge Survivorship Council is a grassroots, volunteer effort
of the Celilo Cancer Center staff, in partnership with staff of Providence
Cancer Center in Hood River. It was born of our individual desires to
serve and celebrate cancer survivors of the Columbia Gorge.
Learn how to have fun while adjusting to your new normal. Survivorfest
2018 takes place Saturday, May 5 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Best Western
Plus Hood River Inn at 1108 Marine Way in Hood River, OR.