Mid-Columbia Medical Center has been awarded a $98,000 community grant
through the Oregon Health Authority’s (OHA) Community Partner Program.
The funding has allowed MCMC to join in the state’s efforts to secure
Oregon’s food supply chain and protect essential agricultural workers
during the covid-19 pandemic.
Community-based organizations, like MCMC, were invited to apply for the
state grant to support field outreach and engagement activities to provide
education farmworkers living and working in Oregon. The OHA Community
Partner Program was designed in coordination with farmers and farmworker
MCMC’s field outreach includes health education sessions that cover
topics such as:
· What is COVID-19?
· Symptoms and fear around reporting symptoms.
· Masks: when and how to use them, how to clean them, etc.
· Social distancing: Gatherings, grocery shopping, and more.
· Positive cases: What to do next.
· Seeking care: When to call a provider, when to go to Immediate
Care, when to go directly to a hospital emergency room.