Learn to better cope with life’s circumstances
Mid-Columbia Medical Center offers patient-centered behavioral health care
under the Planetree philosophy of care-integration, compassion and partnership.
In coordination with your primary care provider, a behavioral health consultant
can help you address concerns or identify problems that may be affecting
your health and well-being. Your primary care provider may introduce you
to a behavioral health consultant during your office visit or refer you
to one for a future appointment.
Behavioral Health visits range from 15 to 50 minutes in length, depending
on your concern and degree of needed assistance.
After talking with you, a behavioral health consultant will help and support
you in making changes you want to make in your life. They may refer you
to an MCMC clinic or to other community resources suitable to meet your
concerns and needs.
A behavioral health consultant can help you:
- Manage and improve mood, anxiety, worry, thoughts, or effects from past
- Cope with stress and life changes including loss, grief and reduced physical
- Apply self-care techniques to help manage pain, diabetes and other health
- Create healthy habits and skills around eating, exercise, sleep relaxation,
and social supports.
- Reduce harmful habits such as self-criticism, alcohol and tobacco use.