Building Blocks Outpatient Pediatric Therapy
Building Blocks Pediatric Therapy Services offer personalized 1:1 services
for children and families in conjunction with school based therapies,
for additional treatment throughout the summer months, or to address critical
mobility, daily living and communication skills that may not be provided
in other therapeutic settings.
We specialize in:
- Developmental Movement and Mobility: Improving posture, positioning, sitting,
standing, walking and running.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation: For neuromuscular diseases, spine and limb deformities,
toe walking and post operative needs.
- Injury Rehabilitation: Helping children reduce pain, and increase strength,
coordination, flexibility and range of motion after an injury.
- Aquatic Therapy: Functional therapeutic exercise in our warm salt-water pool.
- Wheelchair Seating Clinic: Individual analysis for appropriate wheelchair,
seating or power systems.
- Orthotics and Prosthetics: Bracing, splints and prosthesis fitting and training.
- Durable Medical Equipment: Individual analysis for appropriate bracing,
assistive devices, and standing frames to improve functional independence.
Speech Language Pathology
- Language Intervention: Addressing expressive/receptive delays, from infant
- Articulation / Phonological Treatment: For speech sound disorders and motor
- Treatment of Fluency Disorders.
- Resonance Disorders : Related to craniofacial anomalies such as cleft palate
or velopharyngeal problems.
- Cognitive Therapy for Traumatic Brain Injury
- Feeding & Swallowing Therapy: To address safe swallowing and strategies
for transitioning/expanding food repertoire.
- Sensory Processing: Assisting children in modulation and regulation of
sensory input for improved ability to perform daily activities such as
playing, schoolwork, eating, dressing, sleeping and self-care.
- Motor Skills: Development of fine and gross motor skills to improve balance,
coordination, strength and endurance.
- Activities of Daily Living: Improving independence with self-care skills.
- Adaptive Equipment: Design, fabrication, fitting and training for assistive devices.
- Aquatic Therapy: For vestibular stimulation, sensory integration and learning
motor movements in a supportive environment.