Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapies
MCMC Pediatric Therapy is a team of highly trained pediatric therapists
with offices in The Dalles and Hood River. We are dedicated to helping
children, adolescents and young adults along with their families–with
a full scope of therapy services including occupational therapy, physical
therapy, and speech therapy. We work with children from birth to age 21.
We specialize in:
- Developmental Movement and Mobility: Improving posture, positioning, sitting,
standing, walking and running.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation: For neuromuscular diseases, spine and limb deformities,
toe walking and post operative needs.
- Injury Rehabilitation: Helping children reduce pain, and increase strength,
coordination, flexibility and range of motion after an injury.
- Aquatic Therapy: Functional therapeutic exercise in our warm salt-water pool.
- Wheelchair Seating Clinic: Individual analysis for appropriate wheelchair,
seating or power systems.
- Orthotics and Prosthetics: Bracing, splints and prosthesis fitting and training.
- Durable Medical Equipment: Individual analysis for appropriate bracing,
assistive devices, and standing frames to improve functional independence.
Speech Language Pathology
- Language Intervention: Addressing expressive/receptive delays, from infant
- Articulation / Phonological Treatment: For speech sound disorders and motor
- Treatment of Fluency Disorders.
- Resonance Disorders : Related to craniofacial anomalies such as cleft palate
or velopharyngeal problems.
- Cognitive Therapy for Traumatic Brain Injury
- Feeding & Swallowing Therapy: To address safe swallowing and strategies
for transitioning/expanding food repertoire.
- Sensory Processing: Assisting children in modulation and regulation of
sensory input for improved ability to perform daily activities such as
playing, schoolwork, eating, dressing, sleeping and self-care.
- Motor Skills: Development of fine and gross motor skills to improve balance,
coordination, strength and endurance.
- Activities of Daily Living: Improving independence with self-care skills.
- Adaptive Equipment: Design, fabrication, fitting and training for assistive devices.
- Aquatic Therapy: For vestibular stimulation, sensory integration and learning
motor movements in a supportive environment.